New Zealand Bean-to-Bar
The chocolate is made in maker’s own factory using a process which starts from whole cocoa beans. Definition of Bar: moulded tablet.
Dark Chocolate Bar – all dark bars
Milk Chocolate Bar – this includes Dark Milk
White Chocolate Bar
Bean to Bar Flavoured
Flavoured Chocolate Bar (with flavours/inclusions/spice)
- Flavoured Dark Chocolate (Dark – minimum 55% cocoa solids)
- Flavoured Milk Chocolate (Milk – minimum of 30% cocoa solids)
- Flavoured White chocolate bar plain (White – minimum 25% cocoa solids)
- Simple truffle
- Alcohol ganache
- Fruit, Floral, Spice, Infusion Ganache
- Layered Chocolate
- Nut Based Chocolates
Chocolate Products including Bark or Brittle
- Dipped Fruit and/or Nuts
Plain and flavoured chocolate drinks made in New Zealand from New Zealand or imported ingredients.
- Water based Drinking Chocolate (Cacao shell, husk tea)
- Milk-based Drinking Chocolate
Best NZ-Made Product Using Chocolate
Awards made by the judging panel recognising excellence.
- Best Bar Wrappers
- Best Boxed Chocolate (single line entries only considered)
- Best Other Packaging (may include products for Christmas 2018 or other innovative presentation)
Best Children’s Chocolate Product
Awarded by a specialist panel of young palates.